Firearm Safety Rules
Gun Safety Rules:
- Handle all firearms as if they were loaded!
Never forget that a gun has the potential to produce serious injury or death in a single instant of carelessness. Make safe gun handling a habit to be followed at all times. After you determine that a gun is unloaded, continue to handle it as though it were loaded.
- Always keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction!
- In selecting a safe direction, you must also take into consideration that a bullet can ricochet or glance off any object it strikes, and that bullets can penetrate walls, ceilings, floors and windows.
- Keep your finger out of a gun’s trigger guard and off the trigger until you have aligned the gun’s sights on a safe target and you have made the decision to fire!
By keeping your finger completely outside the trigger guard until you have aimed at the target, you guarantee that any shots you will fire will go safely in the direction of your intended target.
- Always be certain that your target and the surrounding area are safe before firing!
For additional information on firearms safety, please visit any of the sites listed below: